Nursing Schools in California
From the sunny beaches of Southern California, to the Hollywood life and the laid-back feel of Northern California, there is only one state that provides a vast environment of cultural experiences for its large population. California is more than beaches, Los Angeles and wine country; it also contains some of the best hospitals for nurses to work in and nursing degree programs known around the world.
California is one of only 23 states that allow nurse practitioners to practice as primary caregivers, increasing the availability of medical care to the population, as well as encouraging growth in this area of advanced care nursing. California also has a specific ratio of acute care nurses to patients, broadening the job opportunities available to nurses with experience in acute care facilities and treatment.
Featured Campuses in California:
University of California, San Francisco, School of Nursing
San Francisco, CA – 415-476-9710
- Ranked #2 among U.S. Schools of Nursing in National Institutes of Health (NIH) research funding for 2009.
- ADN to Masters Pathways Program (for students with a current Associate’s Degree).
- Master and Doctorate level degrees.
- Post-Master’s and Post-Doctoral programs.
- CCNE and BRN (Midwifery Program) .
UCLA School of Nursing
Los Angeles, CA – 310-825-3109
- Ranked among the Top 10 Nursing Schools in the country by U.S. News and World Reports.
- Ranks #7 in nursing research funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and #1 in NIH stimulus funding.
- Offers degrees from Bachelor through Doctorate levels.
- Master of Science (Advanced Practice or Masters Entry Clinical Nurse) and post-Master’s certificate.
- CCNE .
University of San Diego Hahn School of Nursing and Health Science
San Diego, CA – 619-260-4600
- Master’s Entry Program or Master of Science.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing or Doctor of Nursing Practice.
- International Programs to Provide Health Care to Disadvantaged Populations.
- CCNE .
University of San Francisco School of Nursing
San Francisco, CA – 415-422-5555
- Ranked as one of the Nation’s Most Ethnically Diverse and for its prime location by The Princeton Review.
- U.S. News and World Reports Ranks the University of San Francisco as One of the Nation’s Most Ethnically Diverse.
- The Graduate School of Nursing was also recognized on their list for Best Nursing Programs.
- Offers degrees from Bachelor to Doctorate levels.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Leader or Master of Public Health.
- CCNE .