Nursing Schools in North Dakota
With plenty of opportunities to serve rural populations within community health clinics, schools or other facilities, North Dakota provides a laid-back lifestyle for nurses while continuing to focus on its underserved populations throughout the state. For nurses interested in a rewarding career that addresses the needs of children, elderly or Native Americans, North Dakota gives back to its health care work force with an environment full of natural beauty and opportunity.
The RAIN (Recruitment/Retention of American Indians into Nursing) project is one of the many incentives offered within North Dakota to increase the amount of native residents into the field of nursing, directly impacting the population and increasing healthcare options. North Dakota is also one of the states that participates in the Non-Licensure Compact (NLC) that allows nurses from other states to work in North Dakota.
Top Nursing Schools in North Dakota:
University of North Dakota College of Nursing
Grand Forks, ND – (701) 777-4174
- Traditional and accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing programs.
- Master of Science in Nursing; concentrations in Nurse Anesthesia, Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, Public/Community Health Nursing, Gerontological Nursing, and Nurse Education.
- Post-Master’s certificates in Nurse Anesthesia, Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing-CNS, Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing and Nurse Education.
- PhD in Nursing.
- Online/Distance learning options.
- Recruitment/Retention of American Indians into Nursing (RAIN) Project.
- CCNE .
North Dakota State University Department of Nursing
Fargo, ND – (701) 231-7395
- Offers degrees from Bachelor’s through Doctoral.
- Master of Science in Nursing; concentrations in Clinical Nurse Specialist and Nurse Educator.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice.
- Online learning options.
- CCNE .
Minot State University Department of Nursing
Minot, ND – 800-777-0750
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- Distance option available.
- NLNAC .