Nursing Schools in Oregon
Oregon has an abundance of natural resources within its locale, attracting urban and rural populations alike to its coastline and mountains. Within this incredible expanse of land, health care is falling short, especially in terms of reaching the low-income, rural and migrant farm working populations. Oregon is in need of nurses to work within these communities to provide necessary and vital health care assistance and education within its 38 underserved areas within the state.
Nurses are especially needed in the roles of Public Health, Acute Care, Nursing Education and Long-term Care. These roles are vital to the health of the aging population as well as to assist in education and mentoring programs within the schools and universities, helping to establish a large pool of nurses that can continue to provide health care services to the population. Oregon is also offering programs that increase cultural awareness within its various demographics in order to provide quality health care to all individuals within the state, regardless of ethnicity, income level, race or religion.
Featured Nursing Schools in Oregon:
Oregon Health and Science University School of Nursing
Portland, OR – 503-494-8311
- Offers degrees from Bachelor’s through Doctoral.
- Master of Science in Nursing; concentrations in Gerontological Nursing, Nursing Education, Nurse Midwifery, Nurse Anesthesia and more.
- PhD in Nursing.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice.
- CCNE .
University of Portland School of Nursing
Portland, OR – 503-943-7211
- Traditional and accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing programs.
- Master of Science in Nursing concentration in Clinical Nurse Leader program.
- CCNE .