Nursing Education Resources & Articles
Nursing Career News & Emerging Trends in Nursing Education
No Shortage of Opportunity: I’m reading more and more stories about nurses who are being fiercely recruited with $10,000 sign-on bonuses, laptop computers, free trips and in some cases free cars; all this for deciding to work for the recruiting employer. If a nurse wants a change of scenery she/he can relocate to another part of the country for free.
Read more about the nursing careers.
- Nursing and Dementia Care
- The Difference Between Medical Assisting and Medical Billing
- Career Options with a Healthcare Associate Degree
- Nursing Job Growth Through 2020
- Certified Nurse Midwife Career Facts [Infographic]
- Careers in Nursing
- Perspective from the Patient’s Bed
- Is Becoming an LPN Right for Me?
- Benefits of Aromatherapy in Nursing Practice
- Job Growth Rate for Nurses in 2012 Increases Beyond Estimates
- Tips for a Great Nurse Resume & Interview
- Nurse Retention Strategies
- Nurse Patient Advocate
- Holistic Nursing in Practice
- How NDNQI Motivates Nurses & Improves Patient Outcomes
- Profiles in Nursing: Director of Clinical Excellence
- Caring for Schizophrenia Patients
- Nursing as a Second Career
- Nurse Shadow Program
- Growth of Case Managers Working in Primary Care Settings
- RN vs. LPN Job Growth Rate
- Top 5 States for Nursing Jobs
- RN Employment Facts
- Nurses with Associate Degrees Enter Workforce
- Advance Practice Nursing Designations
- Average Annual Earnings of Full-time Registered Nurses
- How’s Your Nursing Bedside Manner?
- Registered Nurse (RN) Job Growth Rate Through 2018
- Pediatric Nursing Careers
- Clinical Nurse Specialist Career Profile
- What is a Good Nurse?
- Men in Nursing
- Careers in Medical Record Administration are on the Rise
- Career Spotlight: Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner
- What is a Telenurse?
- Flight Nurses
- Nurses Teaching Nurses – Become a Nurse Educator
- Pediatric Home Health Nurses
- Certified Nurse Midwife: Career Profile
- Ready, set, find a job! The Best Hospitals for Nurses
- Be a Nurse Educator and Shape the Minds that Save Lives
- Nursing Shortage Means Career Options
- Nursing Quality and Patient Recovery
- A Blessing for Hospitals – The Candy Sriper
- Top 10 Nursing Careers on the Rise
Nursing Education Online
Nursing Students go Online to Earn Degree: The United States is in the midst of a nursing shortage that is expected to intensify as baby boomers age and the need for health care grows. Compounding the problem is the fact that nursing colleges and universities across the country are struggling to expand enrollment levels to meet the rising demand for nursing care.
Read more about the nursing degrees online.
- What to Expect from an Associate in Healthcare Degree Program
- NCLEX Requirements
- Which Qualifications Does a Nurse Need?
- Take Control of your Career with an Online Education
- Pros and Cons of One-Year Nursing Programs
- Tips for Nursing Students as a New Semester Begins
- Nursing School Enrollment Rates, 41% of Applicants Turned Away
- Minority Student Enrollment in Nursing Programs on the Rise
- Academic Prerequisites for Nursing School
- Virtual Reality and Nursing
- Registered Nurse Career Profile
- Military Spouses and Online Nursing Degrees
- Nursing School Accreditations
- Doctorate of Nursing
- Overview of the Chamberlain College of Nursing
- Is Tuition for Online College Less Expensive than Campus Tuition?
- Choosing an Online Nursing School
- Pros & Cons of Online Colleges
- Online Graduate Programs for Nurse Educators
- Online Nursing Degree Receives Support from the ANA
- Pennsylvania Assists in Developing an Accelerated Nursing Program
- Nursing Schools Expand Enrollments in Wake of Nursing Shortage
- Putting Focus on Accelerated Nursing Programs
- RN to BSN Online – Two Top Nursing Schools
- Getting an Accelerated Nursing Degree
- Master in Nursing Online Degree – What’s it Worth?
- Choosing a Nursing School
- Best Nursing Schools
- What is an Accelerated BSN Degree Program?
- RN to MSN – Career Benefits and Education Options
- RN to BSN – Career Benefits and Education Options
Home Health Care
Home Health Care Nurse – Fastest Growing Occupation: It is widely known that the country is facing a nursing shortage. There are currently one million home health care nurses working in the United States. By 2017, the industry will require an additional one million aides, and by 2031 an additional three million aides are needed to keep pace.
Read more about the home health care.
- Paying for Nursing Home and Elder Care
- Caring for your Parents
- Seniors & Depression
- Families Struggle with Nursing Home Closure
- Home Health Care is Big Business in Florida
- The Growing Need for Quality Home Health Care Programs
Forensic Nursing Combines Healthcare and Law: Forensic Nursing is a specialized field of study that trains nurses in cases of abuse and violent crimes where a combination of both healthcare and law are primary disciplines. Forensic nurses often find the work quite enjoyable and highly rewarding.
Read more about the forensic nursing.
- Forensic Nursing Programs
- Forensic Nursing Careers Vital to Criminal Justice System
- Forensic Nursing – Interview with Professional
- Forensic Nursing Available to All Patients
- Forensic Nursing – Meets Television
- Career Profile of a Forensic Nurse
Nursing Scholarships and Grants
The awareness is important and spreading the need for more scholarships will start the cycle of government action and possible private contribution to help deal with the nursing shortage.
- Nursing Education Loan Repayment through NHSC
- Accelerated Nursing Programs and Financial Aid
- Nursing Scholarships & Grants for the Military
- U.S. Stimulus for Healthcare Training
- Nursing Scholarships
- Nursing Education Loan Repayment Program
Nursing in the News
Presidential Forum on Health Care: Service Employees International Union (SEIU) and The Center for American Progress Action Fund (CAPAF) are sponsoring the very first presidential forum of the 2008 election focused solely on health care.
Read more nursing news.
- Achieving Well-Coodinated Care
- 201% Increase in Health IT Jobs Postings
- Budget-Based School Nurse Shortage Affects Children’s Health
- President Obama’s Healthcare Reform Plan: Investigating the benefit to the nursing population
- Nursing Education Summit Nurtures Diversity in Learning
- Healthcare Advocates Helping Patients Make Critical Health Decisions
- Obama Speech to American Nursing Association on Health Care
- San Diego State School of Nursing Awarded Grant
- Bush’s Budgetary Proposal for the Nursing Workforce is Unacceptable
- Georgia State Representatives are Listening to Nursing Students
- Nurse Educator To Receive New York Times Award
- U.S. May Not Be Prepared (Health Personal Wise) for another Disaster
- Nurse Education, Expansion, and Development (NEED) Act
- U.S. Department of Labor Funds New Accelerated Nursing Program
- Fighting For Our Nurses – Forming A Union
The Nursing Crisis: Overwhelmed and Underpaid – Healthcare professionals working in the midst of this nursing shortage crisis deal with increased stress, fatigue, and an overwhelming sense of helplessness at never quite being enough for their patients.
Read more about the U.S. nursing shortage.
- Nurse Practitioners Filling the Shortage Gap
- The Top Trends that will Impact Nurses in 2010
- Illinois Faces Nursing Shortage of 21,000
- Importing Nurses – Is It Wise?
- Nurse Recruiting is Priority for TN Hospitals
- Nursing Shortage Staff Plagues Nursing Homes
- Nursing Gala Raises $250,000 for Mississippi Nursing Shortage
- Community Supports Nursing Program
- Hospitals Struggle with National Nursing Shortage
- Nurses Needed in Oklahoma
- Nurse Educator Void in Tennessee
- Resource Guide: Managing Diabetes
- Nursing Affirmations to Reduce Stress
- Nurses Can Create a Culture of Safety
- Heart Disease Risk Factors and Prevention
- Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Breast Cancer linked to Ovarian Cancer Genetic Factor
- Staying Healthy During the Flu Season